This is the homepage of the North Hertfordshire Archaeological Society. Here you will find details of our lecture programme, our excursions and fieldwork opportunities.
North Hertfordshire Archaeological Society was established in 1960 and has undertaken a wide range of research into the archaeology and heritage of the district since then. It has a regular lecture programme, occasional visits and guided walks, and is involved in local fieldwork, including survey and excavation.
Today, most archaeological fieldwork is carried out by professional organisations as part of the local authority planning system, but the Society still thrives. It provides lectures, visits and social events as well as published information and has a healthy membership still drawn from people in the North Hertfordshire and South Bedfordshire districts with a keen interest in the past.
Members are able to keep in touch with discoveries and developments in archaeology and many lectures and courses are provided to help with a greater understanding of our special local landscape.
- NHAS news I attach a poster from Kris Lockyear advertising a talk to be given to Welwyn Archaeological Society tomorrow evening by Keith F-M on Baldock Roman burials. Keith’s talk is instead of the one previously circulated. Poster.dead Baldock talk smaller.pdf
- NHAS News & Events Wednesday 19th October: Gil Burleigh will give a talk on ‘An Iron Age and Romano-British Sacred Landscape around Baldock’, Letchworth Free Church small hall, 8pm. Wednesday 23rd November: Dr. Kris Lockyear, University College London, will give a talk on “Mapping Verulamium” – the latest results of his now very extensive geophysical surveys in which some of ...
- that’s interesting Hey friend, Here are some interesting facts you may be interested in, I think this information could be helpful, read it here http://win.elizabethmarie.org/aendbg Sincerely yours, ntk.nodes
- NHAS News & Events Wednesday 21st September 2016, 8pm: Keith Fitzpatrick-Matthews, NHDC Archaeology Officer, has kindly agreed to give Members a tour of the new North Hertfordshire Museum in Brand St, Hitchin. Entrance through the Town Hall. Wednesday 19th October: Gil Burleigh will give a talk on ‘An Iron Age and Romano-British Sacred Landscape around Baldock’, Letchworth Free Church small ...
- NHAS News & Events Tuesday 17th May 2016: Annual General Meeting, Letchworth Free Church small hall, 8 pm, followed by a talk by our Field Officer, Gil Burleigh: “118 Tons of History – new results from test pitting and other investigations in Pirton, Herts.” This is a good opportunity to pay your 2016/17 subscription. Details of rates at bottom ...