This is the homepage of the North Hertfordshire Archaeological Society. Here you will find details of our lecture programme, our excursions and fieldwork opportunities.
North Hertfordshire Archaeological Society was established in 1960 and has undertaken a wide range of research into the archaeology and heritage of the district since then. It has a regular lecture programme, occasional visits and guided walks, and is involved in local fieldwork, including survey and excavation.
Today, most archaeological fieldwork is carried out by professional organisations as part of the local authority planning system, but the Society still thrives. It provides lectures, visits and social events as well as published information and has a healthy membership still drawn from people in the North Hertfordshire and South Bedfordshire districts with a keen interest in the past.
Members are able to keep in touch with discoveries and developments in archaeology and many lectures and courses are provided to help with a greater understanding of our special local landscape.
- NHAS News & Events From: Gil Burleigh Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 4:34 PM To: dianeburleigh Cc: grb Subject: NHAS News & Events Tuesday 6th December: Members’ Christmas evening at Letchworth Free Church small hall, 8pm. Our Field Officer will give a talk on “A Sacred Landscape around Iron Age and Romano-British Baldock: an aerial perspective”. Wine, cheese, soft drinks, & nibbles, £3 per ...
- NHAS News & Events Poster WAS-Herts.conference flier.docx Poster 11-16.Mapping Ver1.pdf New N Herts Museum letter to Comet.docx CASLectures2016-17.docx osteoarch course booking form 4-5.02.2017.doc
- NHAS News & Events From: Gil Burleigh Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:39 PM To: dianeburleigh Cc: grb Subject: NHAS News & Events Wednesday 23rd November 2016: Dr. Kris Lockyear, University College London, will give a talk on “Mapping Verulamium” – the latest results of his now very extensive geophysical surveys at the Roman city of St. Albans in which some of our members ...
- NHAS news I attach a poster from Kris Lockyear advertising a talk to be given to Welwyn Archaeological Society tomorrow evening by Keith F-M on Baldock Roman burials. Keith’s talk is instead of the one previously circulated. Poster.dead Baldock talk smaller.pdf
- NHAS News & Events Wednesday 19th October: Gil Burleigh will give a talk on ‘An Iron Age and Romano-British Sacred Landscape around Baldock’, Letchworth Free Church small hall, 8pm. Wednesday 23rd November: Dr. Kris Lockyear, University College London, will give a talk on “Mapping Verulamium” – the latest results of his now very extensive geophysical surveys in which some of ...